Kids Helping Kids (KHK) is a non-profit organization run by high school students. We work with other non-profits in our community to help children that are at-risk, underprivileged or in need. As kids ourselves, we are in a unique position to identify what is current and helpful to kids, and how to best provide for and assist with helping get those services/needs to those kids.
How We’re Changing Lives
- Donated $10,000 to establish an education endowment AND raised more than $22,500 to purchase a 15 passenger van for the homeless children at Family Gateway (also designed a Teen Room at the downtown center for these children)
- Partnered with Educational First Steps to fill and deliver educational backpacks to two of their centers through EFS's Holiday Backpack Program.
- Partnered with Hope Supply Company to deliver toys to the children at Exodus Ministries for the 2016 Holiday Hope on Wheels program.
- Provide monthly tutoring/computer assistance to homeless and underprivileged children
- Provide monthly educational/mentoring events (Second Saturdays) for homeless children
- Hold drives for needed items for underprivileged children
- Help with educational camps and field trips for in-need children
- Sponsor, help raise money for, and volunteer time at events that raise money for other organizations dedicated to supporting children in our community.
- KHK's founder, Cullen Corr, was awarded a $10,000 grant for Family Gateway as the Dallas Cowboy's Community Quarterback Award winner for volunteer of the year in Texas.